Quite often, the legal bits can be a bit baffling.The purpose of the Data Promise is to communicate in the simplest of terms and how we manage any data that is passed to us by individuals. The following text, logo or at least a link must be placed at point of data capture on our websites.
Our Data Promise to You
As a customer focussed business, we are aware that you may have some concerns around the information you share with us and how this may be used. Our promise is that we are committed to ensuring that any personal data you provide to us is collected, used and stored responsibly and securely in line with our privacy and security policies. You will always have access to this information free of charge should you wish to check or change any details
The detail bit
- We collect your personal information because it helps us understand your needs and guides the way in which we interact and communicate with you about our products and services now and in the future.
- We may collect this information at anytime you interact with us, such as when you visit our websites, purchase products subscriptions, call our customer service team, enter competitions, visit events, complete an online or paper survey, form part of a review panel for future product and service developments or you participate in customer focus groups.
- We collect various types of personal information including name, address, phone number, mobile number, website visit activity, e-mail address, date of birth, bank details, credit/debit card details, your opinion on developments and activities, specific interests and buying habits and any correspondence by post, e-mail or telephone you have with us or our agents and partner organisations.
- We use the information collected for a number of purposes including standard and routine communications, promotional offers, market research, to maintain your FREE subscription, for use in promotional campaigns, provision of services and products, analysis for new product development, auditing reasons, product delivery, content development, to solicit your opinion and to provide customer support and services.
- We may contact you by post, e-mail, telephone, or SMS for any of the above purposes.
- We will share this information with strategic partners and suppliers to enable information to be processed, products and services to be delivered to you, data to be managed efficiently and effectively, provide customer service, fulfil orders, conduct customer research or satisfaction surveys and to assess your needs for future products or services.
- Personal information that you share on any publicly accessed forum, bulletin board or other area of a website or forum/blog hosted by us can be used by other users and remains solely your responsibility.
- We may disclose your information to third parties but only if you have told us we can. At times we may be required by law or litigation to provide your personal information. We may also if appropriate disclose information in the interests of national security, law enforcement, or other issues of public importance.
- We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under the age of 16 for marketing purposes. However limited information may be collected for some products to enable delivery of the product, eg a competition prize.
We protect your information to safeguard against loss, theft, misuse, unauthorised access, disclosure, alteration or destruction. We utilise proven and trusted technologies to provide completely safe and secure credit/debit card transactions. We endeavour to keep your data up-to-date and accurate.
Why We Need To Collect Personal Information From You
We will notify you as to the types of personal information we are collecting about you as well as the uses we intend to make of that personal information. We may use the personal information we collect about you to notify you from time to time about important new features and changes to our online services or special offers, competitions or promotions we think you'll find of interest but we will do this only where you have consented, and you may unsubscribe from receiving these communications at any time, either by notifying us using the contact details set out below or using the 'unsubscribe' facility provided.
By submitting your email address, you're agreeing to receiving email communications on behalf of www.horseanswerstoday.com
Sometimes, we'll ask you for some personal information and we do this for a variety of reasons, such as:
- providing personalised services
- so we can send out email alerts you may have signed up for
- so we can send you promotional emails we think you might like
- to help us improve our services
- to sell appropriate advertising
You can opt out of receiving these communications at any time.
Who Else Will We Tell About You?
Subject to what we say below, we will not pass on your personal information to any third party, including site sponsors or advertisers, without your consent. We may provide aggregate statistics about our users, sales, traffic patterns and related site information to our third-party partners (if any), but these statistics will not contain any information about you from which you could be identified.If you enter any competitions on this website it may be necessary for us to provide your personal information to the promoters of the competition or to others that are involved in the organisation of the competition or the prize-giving.
Of course, if you post any personal information to any bulletin boards or forums, this information will immediately be made available to other users throughout the world.
We may transfer your personal information to purchasers or subsidiaries (and potential purchasers or subsidiaries) if horseanswerstoday.com or HORSE Answers Today Limited acquires, or is acquired by or merged with, another company. This will enable you, for example, to continue your relationship with www.horseanswerstoday.com despite a change of ownership.
We may also need to provide your data to our subscription and other fulfilment agents in order to provide goods or services to you ie event tickets, prizes, or goods ordered .
Security and possibility of international transfer
Please note that countries outside the EEA may not have the same level of protection for personal information as countries within the EEA, but we always demand that those parties to whom we transfer data adhere to the same security procedures that we follow ourselves. By submitting your personal information, you consent to such processing and transfers in connection with such orders, offers or services and for any other purposes to which you consent at the time you provide your personal information.
The Use Of 'Cookies'
In order to enable us to provide you with a personalised browsing experience, this website uses 'cookie' information collection technology. "Cookies" are small pieces of information that are issued to your computer when you enter a website. Cookies are stored by your browser on your computer's hard drive, and they can be used for a wide range of purposes, such as identifying your computer's previous visits to this website, and to ascertain the most popular features of this website.
Please be aware that if you do disable cookies, certain services on this website may not be available to you and your enjoyment of this website may be impaired.
Feedback, Comments & Suggestions
Our address is: Horse Answers Today Limited, 69 Main Road Collyweston Stamford PE93PQ
This is www.horseanswerstoday.com by Horse Answers Today Limited a company that is registered in the UK with Company Number7694949 with a registered address at 69 Main Road Collyweston Stamford PE93PQ
VAT Registration Number is tbc.
Your use of this website is subject to the following Terms & Conditions of Use, which you are deemed to accept by using the website.
The copyright and all other rights in the material on this website are owned by us or are included with the permission of the owner of the rights by their submission of material for publication on the website. As a visitor to this website, you may download a single copy of the material on this website on a single computer for your own private viewing/listening purposes only. Single copies of pages from this website may be printed out for the sole purposes of enabling the person printing the page to retain a copy for their own personal records. No copying or distribution of material on this website for any commercial or business use is permitted without our prior written consent. No photography, filming, broadcast, alteration or modification of the pages of this website is permitted without our prior written consent except as may be reasonably necessary to use the website. Subject to this paragraph, all rights in material on this website are reserved to Horse Answers Today Ltd.
You agree not to use this website:
- to create a database (electronic or otherwise) that includes material downloaded or otherwise obtained from this website except where expressly permitted on the website;
- to transmit or re-circulate any material obtained from this website to any third party except where expressly permitted on this website;
- in such a way so as to remove the copyright or trade mark notice(s) from any copies of any material made in accordance with these terms;
- to disseminate any unsolicited or unauthorised advertising, promotional materials, "junk mail," "spam," "chain letters," "pyramid schemes," or any other form of solicitation;
- to disseminate any material that contains software viruses or any other computer code, files or programs designed to interrupt, damage, destroy or limit the functionality of any computer software or hardware or telecommunications equipment; or
- in any way that might infringe third party rights or that might bring Horse Answers Today Ltd or any of its subsidiaries into disrepute.
If you send any text, images, audio or other content to this website you accept that the files sent, and all rights therein, become the sole property of Horse Answers Today Ltd and that we shall have the right to use that content in perpetuity, throughout the world, in all known and discovered mediums and for all purposes and we shall have the right to make it available to the public on this website and otherwise. All material must comply with the rules on User Content Pages, set out below. We may require you to confirm the rights granted in this paragraph and where requested to do so you shall provide all reasonable assistance to us.
Information and availability
Whilst we take every care to ensure that the information on this website is accurate and complete, some of it may be supplied to us by third parties and we are unable to check its accuracy or completeness. You are advised to verify the accuracy of any information before relying on it. Further, due to the inherent nature of the Internet, errors, interruptions and delays may occur in the service at any time. Accordingly, this website is provided on an "AS IS" and "AS AVAILABLE" basis without any warranties of any kind and we do not accept any liability arising from any inaccuracy or omission in the information or interruption in availability.
The information on this website does not necessarily reflect the views and opinions of Horse Answers Today. Com and Ltd or any of its brands. Neither should any suggestions or advice contained on this website be relied upon in place of professional advice. You are responsible for checking the accuracy of relevant facts, instructions, suggestions and/or opinions given on this website before entering into any commitment based upon them.
Linking to our website
We welcome 'hot links' to the Home Page of our website, but not 'deep linking' by which we mean that you may not include a link to any page of our website that is not the Home Page. Neither may you display the contents of our website (or any page from it) or allow it to be displayed surrounded or framed or otherwise surrounded by material not originating from us without our consent. If you would like to license our material, please contact us.
Links to other websites
On this website you may be offered automatic links to other websites. Whilst we hope you will be interested in those websites, you acknowledge that the content on those pages is not subject to our control, their owners may be independent from us and we do not endorse or accept any responsibility for their content.
We will use reasonable endeavours to ensure that the website does not contain or promulgate any viruses or other malicious code. However, it is recommended that you should virus check all materials downloaded from the website and regularly check for the presence of viruses and other malicious code. We exclude to the fullest extent permitted by applicable laws all liability in connection with any damage or loss caused by computer viruses or other malicious code originating or contracted from the website.
On certain parts of this website we may require you to register and provide certain information about yourself and where you do this you agree to: (a) provide true, accurate, current and complete information about yourself as prompted by the relevant registration form (such information being the "Registration Data").
Your username and password
User Content Pages - Rules of Acceptable Use
Any reviews or content submitted by users in any discussion forums or pages of the website where you are capable of posting material are provided for your private and non-commercial use and for the exchange of lawful, relevant, fair and appropriate information, opinions and comment. Use of the website that is inconsistent with those stated purposes is strictly prohibited. Your use of these forums and the website generally is subject to the following terms which, by your use of the forums and the website, you are deemed to accept (and which amount to a non-exhaustive list of prohibited acts):
- You may not use obscene or offensive language.
- You may not place on the website any material which is defamatory, abusive, discriminatory or hateful or which applauds, encourages or entices abuse, discrimination or hate.
- You may not post any material on the website which has been disclosed to you in confidence or which, by its nature, is confidential.
- You may not post any material on the website which compromises the privacy or security of anyone other than yourself.
- You may not place on the website any material which may encourage criminal conduct or which may give rise to civil liability, or which is otherwise unlawful.
- You may not place on the site any material belonging to any person (or any material where the rights belong to any person) other than yourself without the prior written consent of the owner of it.
- You may not place on the site any material where the use by Horse Answers Today, or any third party licensed or permitted by Horse Answers Today, will give rise to any third party claims.
- You may not place any links on the website where those links take users to unlawful material or material that contravenes these Rules of Acceptable Use.
- You may not place on the website advertisements nor make commercial solicitations nor use the website for any commercial purposes (which would include using the website to promote or encourage the sale of your goods/services).
- You may not place on the website any material that authorises, enables or encourages the dissemination of junk mail or chain letters.
- You grant Horse Answers Today the unrestricted right to use, reproduce, translate and distribute any material you place on the site.
- Whilst we do not pre-screen submissions placed on our online forums, we do have the right (but not the obligation) at our sole discretion to review, edit, move or delete any material submitted to our online forums.
- Horse Answers Today accepts no responsibility for any statements, material or other submissions placed on our online forums by you or any third party, or for any loss or damage resulting from your breach of these Rules of Acceptable Use.
- You agree to indemnify Horse Answers Today, its associated companies and its representatives and employees from any and all claims and liabilities (including legal fees) which arise from your statements, contributions or other submissions to our online forums, from any unauthorised use of material obtained from our online forums or otherwise from your breach of our Rules of Acceptable Use.
Removal of content
We will not view or edit or pre-screen any contribution that you or anyone else make to the forums or to the website generally and therefore, unless we are specifically notified of the nature of any item of content, you cannot assume that we are responsible for having made it available on the website. We, and others that we designate, shall have the right (but not the obligation) at our sole discretion to refuse or remove any content that is posted to, or available on, the forums or the website without the need to give any reasons for doing so.
Competition terms and conditions
These rules apply to all prize promotions including free draws, prize competitions and instant win offers. Depending on the nature of the competition there may be additional rules imposed by us (or selected third parties) and each such offer may be subject to its own express terms and may not be available in all jurisdictions.
- Promotions are open to UK residents aged 18 and over.
- Prizes are non-transferable, non-negotiable and no cash alternatives will be offered.
- Horse Answers Today and the promoter reserve the right to substitute the prize for another prize of equal value.
- NO PURCHASE NECESSARY to enter the competitions unless otherwise stated on the promotional activity with a specific competition.
- By entering the prize draw, the entrant agrees to be bound by the rules and by any other requirements set out in the promotional material accompanying the promotion.
- It is assumed that by entering competitions which, if won, could result in time off work, your employer is in agreement to time off. When dates are specified they cannot be altered.
- Depending on the nature of the prize, its use or enjoyment may be subject to further conditions or restrictions.
- Winners will be notified by email on the day of the draw. Winners have five (5) business working days to respond in full to the email or another winner will be drawn.
- By entering the promotion, the winner(s) consent(s) to any publicity generated as a result of the promotion, and use on this website at any time.
- Prize draws are open to all residents of the UK, except employees of Horse Answers Today (and its subsidiaries), the promoter and their immediate families, the promoters advertising agency and sales promotion consultancy, and anyone else connected with the creation and administration of the promotion.
- The website Editor's decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into. Odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received.
- Only one entry per person. Spammers will be disqualified.
- Horse Answers Today will not accept responsibility for loss through technical fault, incomplete, illegible or other damaged entries. Proof of entry is not automatically proof of receipt.
- The promotional draw is held by Horse Answers Today
In the event that any term of these Terms & Conditions of Use is held to be invalid or unenforceable, the remainder of these Terms & Conditions of Use shall remain valid and enforceable.
Variation of these Terms & Conditions of Use
Horse Answers Today reserves the right to vary these Terms & Conditions of Use from time to time. Such variations become effective immediately upon the posting of the varied Terms & Conditions of Use on the website. By continuing to use the website you will be deemed to accept such variations.
Nothing in these Terms & Conditions of Use shall restrict or exclude any liability that we have to any party which cannot be excluded by law and in particular, and notwithstanding any term of these Terms & Conditions of Use, our liability for death or personal injury caused by our negligence shall not be limited or excluded in any way.These Terms & Conditions of Use shall be governed by English law and the courts of England and Wales shall have exclusive jurisdiction.
RSS Feeds News To Your Desktop.
Never miss another Horse Answers Today Exclusive. By signing up to the Horse Answers Today RSS service you can receive breaking news and developments as they hit the site. See new gear before anyone else, get the latest tips, see who's doing what in product news and what events you should attend. You will also receive alerts when a new Video Tip is loaded. It could be the one that changes your ride or lesson. Simply download a free RSS reader or use a web based one in your browser and you'll get all the latest headlines delivered to you as soon as we put up the story, there's never been an easier way to get all your horse and rider news. Right click and copy the link below and add it to your RSS reader and you'll never miss a story again.