It is not only you who is learning how to perform a half-halt – your horse is too.
Unless your horse is well schooled don’t expect a half-halt to work miracles on your first few attempts.
Ask for only a small difference at first and reward your horse for responding.
If you have problems achieving the half-halt, have a lesson on a more experienced horse who is used to half-halting as he will show you which aids work and what it should feel like. You will then be in a better position to ride the movement on your own horse.
Performing the Half-halt Read more
100's of riding tips and exercises, helping you and your horse Read more
TOP TIPS for Horse and Rider
- KEEP CALM AND HAVE A CALM HORSE
- BUG BUSTING - Top tips to help protect your horse against summer bugs
- USE YOUR HACKS TO IMPROVE YOUR HORSE'S SUPPLENESS
- 5 TOP TIPS FOR ENJOYING THE SPRING WITH YOUR HORSE
- HALF-HALT Establish your horse’s rhythm
- TRANSITIONS - PICK THE SPOT AND BE DECISIVE
Top Gear New Products For Horse And Rider
- NEW FOR SUMMER 2018 - FOXY AND FABULOUS
- BE PREPARED WITH THIS SMART AND PRACTICAL SHORT WATERPROOF JACKET
- THE NEW KLEA VARIO and ASKAN VARIO JACKETS BY PIKEUR - Jackets that add a personal touch
- NEW TRAVELLER SET - The new Eskadron Classic Sports Collection
- A TOTE-ALLY STUNNING NEW ADDITION - from Kate Negus Saddlery