You could get an approved saddle fitter to check things for you. This will involve a charge and obviously, if your saddle is too bad, it may mean investing in a new or secondhand saddle that is a better fit.
Ask someone you trust, like an experienced instructor, to recommend a saddle fitter to you, because as with every profession, there are good ones and others who are not so good.
Try to find someone who has been recommended by more than one person - this may take you a little time to find out who's who but your horse will thank you for your effort.
For more advice on saddle fitting read more
TOP TIPS for Horse and Rider
- KEEP CALM AND HAVE A CALM HORSE
- BUG BUSTING - Top tips to help protect your horse against summer bugs
- USE YOUR HACKS TO IMPROVE YOUR HORSE'S SUPPLENESS
- 5 TOP TIPS FOR ENJOYING THE SPRING WITH YOUR HORSE
- HALF-HALT Establish your horse’s rhythm
- TRANSITIONS - PICK THE SPOT AND BE DECISIVE
Top Gear New Products For Horse And Rider
- NEW FOR SUMMER 2018 - FOXY AND FABULOUS
- BE PREPARED WITH THIS SMART AND PRACTICAL SHORT WATERPROOF JACKET
- THE NEW KLEA VARIO and ASKAN VARIO JACKETS BY PIKEUR - Jackets that add a personal touch
- NEW TRAVELLER SET - The new Eskadron Classic Sports Collection
- A TOTE-ALLY STUNNING NEW ADDITION - from Kate Negus Saddlery