Take advantage of hills and the open space whilst out hacking to teach your horse to lengthen his frame and take those bigger trot steps. Whilst trotting up a hill, put the leg on and ask for the bigger steps. Taking advantage of a natural incline and open space will encourage your horse to step under with his hind legs, lengthen his top line and take the bigger steps without rushing. If your horse is slow to react or loses his balance you have all the space you need to re-balance and ask again. Adds variety to your hacking and sets your horse up for success. For more schooling tips click the following link Schooling Tips
TOP TIPS for Horse and Rider
- TOP 10 TIPS FOR PREPARING YOUR PADDOCK FOR WINTER
- WATCH OUT FOR MUD FEVER
- WHY IS YOUR HORSE SO HARD TO CATCH?
- HAVING PROBLEMS MOUNTING YOUR HORSE? - Annoying and dangerous!
- HEALTH AND SAFETY CHECK LIST FOR HORSES KEPT OUT IN WINTER
- ARE YOU ABOUT TO BUY A HORSE? - Behavioural check list
Top Gear New Products For Horse And Rider
- A TOTE-ALLY STUNNING NEW ADDITION - from Kate Negus Saddlery
- YOUR PERFECT WARDROBE FROM AM TO PM - New from Pargon Luxe Equestrian
- MICRO IS MIGHTY! - Perfect winter warmers from Equetech
- ESKADRON Heritage Sophisticated, Sporty and Stylish
- LUCILLE JACKET - top functionality by Pikeur