A really simple, yet effective way to introduce a young or nervous horses to clipping.
If you are prepared to invest a short amount of time daily you will reap the rewards ten fold. Using an old battery operated toothbrush, get your horse use to the noise, then gradually move it around it's body, including the head. Remember to go at the speed your horse is comfortable with, take your time with lots of reassurance.
This was used on a very highly strung racehorse which went on to accept clipping without a problem, proving time and patience will win the day! Click on the following link for more information on trimming and tidying up your horse. Read more grooming and clipping tips
TOP TIPS for Horse and Rider
- KEEP CALM AND HAVE A CALM HORSE
- BUG BUSTING - Top tips to help protect your horse against summer bugs
- USE YOUR HACKS TO IMPROVE YOUR HORSE'S SUPPLENESS
- 5 TOP TIPS FOR ENJOYING THE SPRING WITH YOUR HORSE
- HALF-HALT Establish your horse’s rhythm
- TRANSITIONS - PICK THE SPOT AND BE DECISIVE
Top Gear New Products For Horse And Rider
- NEW FOR SUMMER 2018 - FOXY AND FABULOUS
- BE PREPARED WITH THIS SMART AND PRACTICAL SHORT WATERPROOF JACKET
- THE NEW KLEA VARIO and ASKAN VARIO JACKETS BY PIKEUR - Jackets that add a personal touch
- NEW TRAVELLER SET - The new Eskadron Classic Sports Collection
- A TOTE-ALLY STUNNING NEW ADDITION - from Kate Negus Saddlery