- Put water and cleaner in the bin
- When half full add the rug then continue filling to the top (you can use cold water if hot is not available)
- Take a wooden broomshank, or similar and pummel the rug
- Tip the water out then refill a couple of times with clean water to rinse thoroughly
- Simply hang the rug over a gate to drip dry, in this heat it takes no more than a day to dry
- Make any repairs then store the rug away until next winter
DIRTY RUGS AND HOT WEATHER EQUALS A MONEY SAVING OPPORTUNITY!
Take advantage of this hot weather and save some money at the same time. All you need is cleaner, a broomshank and a plastic bin. It's worth purchasing a bottle of rug wash as it will make cleaning dirty rugs easier. For rugs which are not heavily soiled you can clean for a fraction of the cost.