- Using poles will help you and your horse improve co-ordination, impulsion and accuracy
- Pole work will teach your horse to lengthen or shorten his stride without losing balance or rhythm
- Including poles in your schooling will help your horse to concentrate and will improve his overall obedience
- Everyone has a different stride length, so get to know how long yours is by measuring between two points and then striding the distance
- If your horse lacks confidence start by jumping towards home
- If your horse is forward going start jumping away from home, it is still important to jump the grid in both directions
- Remember that distances should be adjusted to suit individual horses.