- A pretty outline, is just a pretty outline, it looks good but isn't effective when it comes to jumping.
- Getting a good jump over a fence is all about the approach and the type of canter.
- Ensure that when you warm up for Show Jumping that the horse is off your leg and is actually listening to your instruction.
- By asking for a bigger canter followed by a shorter canter on the short side of the arena will help your horse become more responsive.
- Use plenty of transitions through the passes.
- The quality of a canter is about power and balance not speed
- Think about the canter before the corners and don't rush at the fences, wait for the fence to come to you
Read Tamsin's story and how she reached her Show Jumping goals with the help of some advice and tips from Ben Maher.... Read more