Remove excess mud from legs and heels and check for any sores or infections. Cold muddy areas in turnout paddocks can harbour the bacteria and fungal spores which cause infections such as mud fever or thrush.
TOP TIPS for Horse and Rider
- TOP 10 TIPS FOR PREPARING YOUR PADDOCK FOR WINTER
- WATCH OUT FOR MUD FEVER
- WHY IS YOUR HORSE SO HARD TO CATCH?
- HAVING PROBLEMS MOUNTING YOUR HORSE? - Annoying and dangerous!
- HEALTH AND SAFETY CHECK LIST FOR HORSES KEPT OUT IN WINTER
- ARE YOU ABOUT TO BUY A HORSE? - Behavioural check list
Top Gear New Products For Horse And Rider
- A TOTE-ALLY STUNNING NEW ADDITION - from Kate Negus Saddlery
- YOUR PERFECT WARDROBE FROM AM TO PM - New from Pargon Luxe Equestrian
- MICRO IS MIGHTY! - Perfect winter warmers from Equetech
- ESKADRON Heritage Sophisticated, Sporty and Stylish
- LUCILLE JACKET - top functionality by Pikeur